In most large and medium organizations payroll is an essential monthly activity, which is fairly routine in nature. Depending on the size and nature of the organization, this activity can be fraught with complexities related to calculations, deductions and statutory regulations. Pocket HCM is complete payroll software that not only offers organizations value for their money but is also universally applicable irrespective of industry vertical, unlike most other payroll applications.
The Software is available in 3 Versions:
Pocket HCM StandardA single user and single company application. Pocket HCM Standard supports up to 100 employees. It comprises of 2 modules namely Payroll and Income Tax with Payroll being the core module at the heart of the application.
Pocket HCM ProfessionalAn easy-to-use payroll solution designed as a single user single company application: up to 300 employees. The solution is configurable and allows the user to set statutory regulations, calculate income tax, track reimbursements and generate pay slip. Employee master details can be maintained with the option to upload all the necessary documents.
Pocket HCM PremiumAdvanced version of Pocket HCM Professional, the application has been designed to meet the needs of companies requiring greater payroll processing capabilities. Multi-user, Multi-company: up to 1000 employees. Pocket HCM Premium being a multi-user application allows the administrator to set user access rights and maintain complete audit trail. The solution can be integrated with the online modules.
Add-ons Online Modules:
- Personnel Information Portal
- Online Leave Tracking System
- Online Claims Management (Reimbursement System)
Pocket HCM Comprises of Six Modules:
PayrollThe payroll modules enable users to set statutory regulations like PF, ESI and Professional Tax dynamically depending on the earning slabs and government regulations. The employee master sheet enables to capture relevant information pertaining to education, training, past employment, current earning and deduction components, and also upload employee documents if required. The set of features include:
- Payroll Processing
- Pay Slip Generation
- Statutory and Bank Reporting
- Import/Export from/to Excel
LeavePocket HCM’s Leave Module helps the HR department to:
- Track Leaves: It keeps track of leaves taken by employees and maintains a daily attendance register which is transferred at the end of the month to the payroll module.
- Define Leaves: It allows the user to define various types of leaves that the employee is entitled to and set different leave parameters for different categories of employees. The easy reporting feature enables reports to be generated as per required format at the touch of a button.
Income TaxPocket HCM’s Income Tax module allows the administrator to:
- Maintain Employee Declarations: Relevant employee declaration details can be entered under each section and the employee documents uploaded, and in cases where the declaration documents are pending, an MIS report can also be generated or emailed.
- Compute Income Tax: Income tax for each individual is computed and transferred to the payroll module where the TDS amount is deducted from the individual’s salary.
- Generate Forms: The module also generates requisite forms such as Form 16 for the employee and facilitates quarterly and annual e-filing for the Income Tax department.
BenefitThe Pocket HCM Benefit Module allows the administrator to set CTC related reimbursements, define dynamic reimbursement components like fuel, transport, medical etc. The user has the option to link the reimbursement with the payroll module or else to pay it outside of the salary. If the monthly reimbursement entitlement is not availed of entirely then the residual amount accumulates till the end of the financial year when it is taxed and paid to the employee. The reimbursement module is also linked with increment in the payroll module, as well as the full and final settlement.
HR LetterThis module enables the end user can create any number of formats and templates for appointment letter, relieving letter, salary certificate, experience certificate and other important documents that can be saved and used in the future. This module enables data mapping from the Employee master in the payroll module so that relevant data from here can be merged with the required template to produce HR letters.
- The email module is a separate module that is linked to Payroll, Income Tax, Benefits and other modules. Reports such as pay slip, TDS worksheet, pending proof etc. are generated as PDF documents in these modules and the subsequent email to the employee is generated using the Email module. This module can also be used to send out employee wedding anniversary and birthday greetings through e-mail.
Integration With Sage Accpac ERP
Pocket HCM is integrated with Sage Accpac – ERP Accounting Software. However the payroll activity, which is also a company expense like any other vendor payment, is managed by the payroll application. Since the payroll operation involves multiple stakeholders performing different activities, it can be quite cumbersome and error prone to manually enter the payroll expense into the company General Ledger.
However since Pocket HCM is tightly integrated with Sage Accpac it seamlessly shares information with it. As a result the expenses incurred in Pocket HCM reflect in the General Ledger module of Sage Accpac, thereby preventing duplication of effort and errors. Currently, this is facilitated through the export and import of option available in Pocket HCM and Sage Accpac.